- ALBERTA EPIGENETICS NETWORK RNA-Seq, DNA methylation & Bioinformatics workshop
- What event workshop
- When Mar 29, 2017 to Mar 31, 2017 (America/Vancouver / UTC-700)
- Where Lethbridge, AB
- Contact Name Dr. Igor Kovalchuk
- Web Visit external website
- Add event to calendar iCal
The Alberta Epigenetics Network (AEN) is organizing an RNA-Seq and DNA methylation (bisulfite-seq) bioinformatics workshop at the University of Lethbridge over the dates of March 29th – 31st, 2017. The workshop is being organized in conjunction with the AEN Annual Summit in Lethbridge on March 27 and 28, 2017.
The workshop is being run under the supervision of Dr. Igor Kovalchuk and will cover RNA-Seq and bisulfite-seq (DNA methylation) and the associated data analysis and is aimed at Graduate Students, PDFs, and any interested investigators from the Universities of Alberta, Calgary, and Lethbridge. The goal of the workshop is to introduce participants to the molecular techniques required for RNA-Seq and Bisulfite-Seq, computational tools required for processing the data and bioinformatics tools required to analyze these datasets.
- Library Prep
- Library Validation
- Introduction to R, RStudio and Bioconductor
- Quality Control
- Data exploration