- 2017 Alberta Epigenetics Network Annual Summit
- What event
- When Mar 27, 2017 to Mar 28, 2017 (America/Vancouver / UTC-700)
- Where Lethbridge, AB
- Contact Name Dr. Raja B. Singh (Director, AEN)
- Web Visit external website
- Add event to calendar iCal
The Alberta Epigenetics Network (AEN) is a multidisciplinary, multi-institutional network of Epigenetics & Genomics researchers and practitioners in Alberta. AEN members collaborate with fellow researchers and industry partners across Canada and overseas to accelerate knowledge creation and application of epigenetics to improve the health, social and economic wellbeing of all Albertans and Canadians.
AEN Annual Summit provides researchers and industry partners a platform to share current knowledge & trends, expertise, resources, and challenges in the area of Epigenetics with colleagues from Alberta & across the country.
The summit participants will share knowledge in areas of:
- Biomedical Research: Topics include Precision/Personalized medicine, Cancer biology, Inflammatory diseases, Infectious diseases, Cardiovascular and Neuro biology, Molecular genetics, Developmental Biology and Aging – both Basic and Clinical (this would also include clinical trials data presentation)
- Agriculture and Environment: Topics include Forestry, Plants, Livestock, Environmental toxicology
- Bioinformatics and Technology Commercialization: Topics include Computational biology, Diagnostic assays, Biomarkers, Knowledge Translation including intellectual property protection and commercialization of Genomics/Epigenetics technologies.
- An added feature will be the ‘Young Investigators Session’ with oral & poster presentations in the areas listed above.
AEN Summit is open to all researchers, irrespective of their field of study, from human and animal health, plants, livestock and forestry.